Course Overview and Learning Objectives
The Game to Grow Method of Applied Role-Playing Games for Community Members, is a four-hour training. This training will cover the benefits of role-playing games when played with intent, as well as strategies for effectively communicating the basics of the game and benefits with others.
Following participation in this training, attendees should be able to:
- List the basic structure and elements of a tabletop role-playing game (TTRPG).
- Describe the inherent benefits of playing collaborative games with friends, peers, and family.
- Describe the Core Capacities that can be addressed through intentional play.
- Implement “session zero” content and safety tools in a TTRPG campaign.
- Describe modifications and adaptations of participation structures and content guidelines that increase accessibility to TTRPGs.
At the end of this training you will have the foundational knowledge of the Game to Grow Method to run a safe, fun, and intentional game.
To receive a certificate of attendance, you must attend the training in its entirety and successfully complete a knowledge check. There is no commercial support for this training. The trainers have no conflicts of interest to report.