Following participation in this training, attendees should be able to:
- Design in-game encounters consistent with treatment goals.
- Utilize the ADDRESSING framework to recognize and respond to diversity within your game and group.
- Identify the skills needed to be an effective therapeutic game master.
- Describe techniques for using affect to increase immersion and communicate with players.
- Utilize collaborative story and world-building methods with players to support cohesion and engagement.
- Identify and address common roadblocks such as disengagement, distrust, and intra-group conflict.
Location: Lectures available On Demand via Teachable.com with accompanying hands-on workshops
Trainers Include: Adam Davis, MA Ed, and Hayden Jones
Notes: To receive a certificate of attendance, you must attend the training in its entirety and successfully complete the knowledge checks throughout the course. There is no commercial support for this training. The trainers have no conflicts of interest to report.
Prerequisites: To participate in this training, you must first complete the MH Level One training and participate in at least 6 hours of a TTRPG as a player. The play requirement may also be completed by participating in our New Player Experience workshop.