Your first step to becoming a therapeutic game master
The Game to Grow Method of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games: A level one training for mental health professionals is a six-hour training consisting of a general survey of the relevant literature and grounding theory of this intervention, an introduction into the specific foundation and theory of the The Game to Grow Method of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games (TA-RPG), as well as facilitation tips and session structure guidelines. At the end of this training you will have the foundational knowledge in the Game to Grow Method, and will be able to communicate effectively with parents, clients, and administrators about the benefits and potential risks of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games.
Following participation in this training, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the theory of the Game to Grow Method of Therapeutically Applied Role-Playing Games.
- Describe the three dimensions of capacity building.
- List the Core Capacities addressed through the therapeutic application of role-playing games.
- Describe the structure of a Game to Grow Method therapeutic social skills group.
- Describe the structure of a Game to Grow Method counseling group
- Discuss the potential benefits and risks of engaging in TA-RPG with stakeholders such as clients, parents, and program administrators.
Trainers: Adam Davis, MA Ed, and Elizabeth Kilmer, PhD
CE Credits: 6 CE credits for APA
Notes: To receive a certificate of attendance, you must attend the training in its entirety and successfully complete the knowledge checks throughout the course. There is no commercial support for this training. The trainers have no conflicts of interest to report.
On-Demand Notes: Because this is a recording of a live webinar, features such as the chat and polls are disabled. You will still have access to the handouts and the MH1 Discord channel.
Game to Grow is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Game to Grow maintains responsibility for this program and its content.