Following participation in this training, attendees should be able to:
- Utilize the ADDRESSING framework to recognize and respond to diversity within your game and group.
- Describe techniques for using affect to increase immersion and communicate with players.
- Identify and address common roadblocks such as disengagement, distrust, and intra-group conflict.
- Connect in-game scenarios with Common Core standards to support development of auxiliary classroom activities.
- Design encounters and to support Core Capacity/Social Emotional Learning Goals.
- Utilize collaborative homebrew techniques to increase engagement and collaboration within groups.
Location: Lectures available On Demand via Teachable.com with accompanying hands-on workshops
Scholarship Opportunities: If you are interested in participating in the level one training for educators, but finances are a barrier, you can complete our scholarship application to be considered for a fully funded spot in this training!
Continuing Education: Game to Grow is an approved Clock Hour Provider through the Washington OSPI. This training will provide 6 clock hours of instruction. This offering relates to building a collaborative learning community and education frameworks as well as curriculum alignment. To receive a certificate of attendance, you must attend the training in its entirety and successfully complete a knowledge check. If you would like to receive partial credit for partial attendance, please contact [email protected].
Trainers Include: Adam Davis, MA Ed, and Hayden Jones
Notes: To receive a certificate of attendance, you must attend the training in its entirety and successfully complete the knowledge checks throughout the course. There is no commercial support for this training. The trainers have no conflicts of interest to report.
Prerequisites: To participate in this training, you must first complete the Educator Level One training and participate in at least 6 hours of a TTRPG as a player. The play requirement may also be completed by participating in our New Player Experience workshop.